eDiscovery Software That IT Teams Will Love
Takeaway: GoldFynch is a part of a new breed of eDiscovery applications perfect for small and midsize law firms. You can start using it instantly, walk away at any point without losing anything, learn how to use it in minutes, outsource technical issues, trust its bank-grade security, and get a predictable and affordable monthly bill.
Attorneys want powerful and easy-to-use software. IT teams want easy-to-use, affordable eDiscovery software? If so, try GoldFynch.
With so many eDiscovery applications on the market, it can be hard to decide which one is best for your firm. And most attorneys are fed up with software that either costs too much or doesn’t get the job done. GoldFynch offers the perfect solution. Here’s why.
1. Start using GoldFynch instantly (no new hardware or software to install).
GoldFynch is SaaS that runs in the Cloud. So, you won’t have to worry about sourcing new equipment, downloading and updating software, and other technical hassles. If an attorney from your firm wants reliable, easy-to-use eDiscovery software, you can set things up for them in minutes. Just go to the GoldFynch website and sign up for free. You won’t need to add a credit card or handle annoying sales calls and emails to sort out pricing details. Plus, you won’t have to worry about storage space. GoldFynch’s near-limitless Cloud servers let you store 100 GB (and more) of data and automatically upgrade your case storage when needed.
2. Walk away at any point without losing an upfront investment.
Do your attorneys want to shop around and sample eDiscovery software before committing to anything? GoldFynch is perfect for that. Since it’s SaaS, there’s no major upfront investment, and you get a free 512 MB starter case to test the software. It’s set up so you’re not obliged to subscribe and can walk away losing nothing. (Even after subscribing, it’s easy to exit since you only ever pay for one month’s service at a time.)
3. Figure out the software in minutes
GoldFynch is intuitive, so your attorneys will use skills they already have. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes, but they won’t have to worry about that. With GoldFynch, you’ll:
- Use the software the same as email. Simply go to the website and sign in. No need to install or load anything.
- Move files around like in Windows. To upload files, drag-and-drop them into the GoldFynch browser. GoldFynch handles all the complicated processing that follows.
- Search cases the same as with Google. Type your keywords into the GoldFynch search bar. And GoldFynch handles ‘advanced’ searches too. So, with the right setup, you can give a complex command like: “Find all emails John Anderson sent Sally Nedry, which mention the Pfizer meeting. And which were sent before 2015.” Learn more about advanced searches.
4. Don’t worry about technical issues.
GoldFynch can handle a wide range of files, so you won’t have to worry about technical and/or compatibility problems. For example, it opens all files from within the GoldFynch browser window, so you won’t have to go hunting for a rare parent application. This includes load files from incoming productions. (GoldFynch’s NoSQL databases don’t need load files, but GoldFynch still automatically detects and applies them for productions from legacy software.) Even if there is a rare tech challenge, GoldFynch’s support team will handle it immediately.
5. Rely on bank-grade security.
GoldFynch comes with important in-built security measures.
a) Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
This adds a level of protection because you’ll need more than one piece of information to verify your identity when logging in. You’ll enter your password and then also receive an authentication code – either as an SMS or from a trusted ‘authenticator’ application (like Google Authenticator) on your cell phone.
b) Control over permissions and users.
Your attorneys may not want everyone on their team to have full control of a case. So, GoldFynch has four levels of access:
- Level 1: Reviewers – They can search and review data. And generate reports and ‘productions.’
- Level 2: Users – They have reviewer privileges, plus they can upload, move, rename and delete files. They can also modify tags, productions, and reports.
- Level 3: Admins – They have level 1 & 2 privileges. Plus, they can add, remove, and change roles for users.
- Level 4: Owners – They can do all of the above, plus delete cases.
c) Secure file-sharing.
Some of your firm’s attorneys might still be sharing productions by emailing them. Instead, GoldFynch lets you share productions via links from within the application’s interface. Recipients of this link can access designated files, but you can cut them off at any point by invalidating the link. Learn more about the right way to share productions.
6. Calculate your monthly eDiscovery bill easily.
With GoldFynch, you’ll get a predictable monthly bill. Many eDiscovery providers use a ‘per GB’ (or, ‘pay as you go’) pricing plan. So, they tell you how much each GB of data they store for you will cost. And you use that rate to pay for the GBs you used that month. Seems fair, right? But a sneaky per-GB provider can manipulate the rate to their advantage. Instead, GoldFynch uses a ‘fixed volume’ pricing plan. Here, storage space is divided into chunks (or ‘plans’) – e.g. 3 GB, 5 GB, 10 GB, etc. And their prices have been set in advance. So, choose your plan and you’ll immediately know what your bill will be at the end of the month. Learn more about per-GB vs. fixed-volume pricing plans.
7. Pay just $10 a month for a 1GB case.
GoldFynch starts at just $10 a month for a 1 GB case. That’s significantly less than most comparable software. And billing is prorated – so you’ll pay only for the time you spend on any given plan. Also, many eDiscovery applications charge to process each file you upload, so you’ll be reluctant to let your case organically shrink and grow. And this stifles creativity. Instead, with GoldFynch, you get unlimited processing for free. So, on a 1 GB plan, you could add and delete 5 GB of data at no extra cost – as long as there’s only 1 GB in your case at any point. And if you do cross 1 GB, your plan upgrades automatically and you’ll be charged for only the time spent on each plan. That’s the beauty of prorated pricing.
Want to learn more about GoldFynch?
For related posts about eDiscovery, check out the following links.
- Why Your eDiscovery Software Should Offer Automatic Case-Upgrades
- The Smart Way to Free Up eDiscovery Storage Space
- Is It Worth Paying for eDiscovery Analytics?
- Small Case Vs Big Case eDiscovery: There’s Such a Difference!
- eDiscovery Pricing Comparison for Smaller, In-House Cases
- How to Use eDiscovery ‘Tag’ Macros For Lightning-Quick Work!