[Uncovered] eDiscovery Myth: Small Law Firms Can't Handle Large Cases [over 100 GB]
Takeaway: With the latest eDiscovery applications, small law firms can handle even the biggest cases. Which means they can now compete with larger law firms. For example, with eDiscovery software GoldFynch, you can get a 1 GB case for just $10 a month and let that case grow to 100 GB and beyond!
Many small firms still believe that they can’t afford to take on large cases.
It’s an eDiscovery myth that kept popping up when we were designing the eDiscovery software GoldFynch. And it’s understandable because in the not-so-distant past, it was true. In the early days of eDiscovery, software developers had limited technology. So, eDiscovery applications were clunky, expensive, and only larger law firms could afford them.
But nowadays, small law firms have the same tools as their larger counterparts.
With newer technology, it costs less to design good eDiscovery software. So, the barrier to entry is lower and there’s more competition. This drives down prices and gives small law firms more choices.
And with Cloud technology, your eDiscovery case can grow almost indefinitely.
Cloud-hosting has been around for a long time. If you use Dropbox, Google Drive, or any Apple product, then you’re already in the Cloud. Software giants like Amazon and Google lease storage and computing power to businesses all over the world. And their thousands of interconnected servers form a public ‘cloud.’ Because there are thousands of these servers, storage space for your data isn’t an issue. And because you’re splitting the costs with other businesses using the same servers, your small law firm can afford even the largest cases (100+ GB).
At GoldFynch, we use Cloud eDiscovery to keep prices down.
We even take it a step further and use the Cloud for more than just storing data. We run our eDiscovery application in it too. It’s called Software as a Service (SaaS). And it means that rather than downloading and installing our software, you use it through your web browser. This means:
You won’t need new equipment. And you won’t need to install anything. Because you’re accessing our software over the internet.
You won’t need an IT team since we keep the software running and troubleshoot technical issues.
You’ll never lose your data since it’s backed up on multiple Cloud servers. So, even if a few go down, it won’t affect you. Plus, your data is protected with bank-grade security. So it’s safe from theft and natural disasters.
You can access files from anywhere. All you’ll need is a laptop and an internet connection. Perfect for when you’re on-the-go. Or stuck at an airport waiting for a delayed flight.
It’s easy to collaborate. Multiple users can use the software, so it’s easy for teams to work together and share productions.
GoldFynch also cuts out unnecessary features, to control costs.
Many eDiscovery providers neglect the basics, along the way. Instead, they focus on advanced features, which drive prices up. Take ‘predictive coding,’ for example. This is where the software looks for patterns in the way you review and label files and then makes suggestions automatically. It’s an impressive feature. But small law firms most often prefer affordable software over fancy features they’ll rarely use. So, GoldFynch controls costs by being great at the basics.
And we focus on keeping our software intuitive.
With GoldFynch, you:
Sign up in minutes: Go to the signup page, choose your plan, and sign up. It’ll take less than 10 minutes.
Move files around like in Windows. To upload files, drag-and-drop them into your internet browser.
Search as you do with Google. Type keywords into the GoldFynch search bar. And you’ll get all the emails, Word documents, PDFs, etc., that have your keywords. GoldFynch will search email metadata too. Learn more about searching your eDiscovery files.
Share ‘productions’ from within the software, instead of downloading and mailing/emailing them. It’s safe, cost-effective, and easier to track. Learn more about sharing productions.
GoldFynch prioritizes things that matter to small law firms.
- It costs just $10 a month for a 1 GB case: That’s $25 less–every month–than the nearest comparable software. And hundreds of dollars less than many others. With GoldFynch, you know what you’re paying for exactly – its pricing is easy to understand and readily available on the website.
- It’s simple to budget for. GoldFynch has a flat, prorated rate. With legacy software, your bill changes depending on how much data you use.
- It takes just minutes to get going. It runs in the Cloud, so you use it through your web browser (Google Chrome recommended). No installation. No sales calls or emails. Plus, you get a free, fully-functional trial case (0.5 GB of data and processing cap of 1 GB), without adding a credit card.
- It can handle even the largest cases. GoldFynch scales from small to large, since it’s in the Cloud. So, choose from a range of case sizes (1 GB to 100 GB, and more) and don’t waste money on space you don’t need.
- You can access it from anywhere. And 24/7. All your files are backed up and secure in the Cloud. And you can monitor its servers here.
- You won’t have to worry about technical stuff. Our team designed, developed and runs GoldFynch. So, we don’t outsource our technical support. Which means you get prompt and reliable service.
Want to learn more about GoldFynch?
For related posts about eDiscovery, check out the following links.
- 5-Minute eDiscovery: How to Save Time and Money for Your Small Law Firm
- Are You Doing Email eDiscovery Wrong? 6 Perks Your Small Law Firm Might Be Missing Out On
- 16 Have-to-Know Questions to Simplify eDiscovery for Your Small Law Firm
- What Is an eDiscovery Professional? And What’s the Fix If Your Small Law Firm Can’t Yet Afford One?
- eDiscovery Basics: Has Your Small Law Firm Been Making This Mistake When Sharing ‘Productions’?
- 8 Common eDiscovery Mistakes Your Small Law Firm May be Making