Get As Much eDiscovery Storage As You Want, Hassle-Free
Takeaway: Cloud-based eDiscovery applications can give you as much storage space as you need, in just seconds. And the best ones make these storage upgrades effortless and affordable. Just make sure to choose software that fits your firm’s other needs, too.
Most law firms have to juggle large volumes of work. And they need eDiscovery software that can handle this.
Juggling cases is part of an attorney’s life, and you quickly get used to taking on multiple matters at a time – some of which might lie dormant for a while and then suddenly need a lot of attention. But can your eDiscovery software keep up with you? It needs to process a lot of data quickly, allow case volumes to grow rapidly, and offer you review tools to find the evidence you need.
And here’s where Cloud eDiscovery can help. Because it offers near-limitless storage space for your files.
Most of the applications we use are Cloud-based, and now, so is the best eDiscovery software. Think of the Cloud as a global network of high-powered computer servers owned by companies like Amazon and Google. They pool their storage space and can lease it out at affordable rates because so many people share the costs. This means your firm has access to near-limitless, secure storage on the hundreds of thousands of Cloud servers worldwide.
Moreover, the right type of Cloud pricing can help with your eDiscovery workflow.
When you’re building the story of your case, you want to be able to ask the right questions freely – for example, “What happened here? Who was involved? What did they do? How are they connected? etc.” And for this, you need to be able to add and delete data freely. But pricing plans can get in the way of this if your eDiscovery vendor charges to upload your files. Say you upload 5 GB of files, then delete 4 GB, and finally upload another 4 GB. You’ve now uploaded a total of 9 GB, and you’ll need to track this total to calculate your bill. But knowing that each upload will cost you, you’ll likely force yourself to cull more files early on – which is horrible for your eDiscovery workflow. Thankfully, storage-based pricing can help.
With storage-based pricing, you won’t have to track files as you upload and delete them.
Small and midsize firms prefer to pay for storage instead of uploads. That’s because storage-based pricing makes eDiscovery more flexible and cost-effective. Instead of tracking the files you upload and delete, you’ll simply note the maximum size your case reached. For instance, using our example from earlier, it wouldn’t matter that you uploaded a total of 9 GB. Your case never had more than 5 GB in it at any point, and that peak number is the only thing that matters. So, if you’d chosen a 5 GB storage plan, all that uploading and downloading in-between wouldn’t have changed your month-end invoice. (Learn more about ‘storage based’ vs ‘uploads based’ pricing plans.)
Best of all, the system seamlessly upgrades/downgrades your cases and prorates your bills.
Say you did go beyond our example’s allotted 5 GB of storage. Your eDiscovery software would automatically upgrade you to the next highest plan – e.g., 10 GB. And it’ll let your case expand all the way up to 150 GB and beyond. Meanwhile, if you decide to go back to a smaller plan at any point, you can downgrade your case with a few clicks. And since the prices are prorated, your invoice will account for the cost reductions from downgrading your case.
Remember, you’ll also have access to some powerful eDiscovery tools to help you review your rapidly growing cases.
Your software comes with essential eDiscovery tools to help you sift through large volumes of data. For example, its eDiscovery search engine can help you find combinations of keywords, names, dates, and even metadata entries. This means you can hone in on niche files that you wouldn’t find using more basic keyword searches. (Learn how to search your eDiscovery case.) And when you find responsive files, you’ll be able to ‘tag’ (i.e., label) them so that they’re easy to review and produce later. The best eDiscovery applications also offer ‘managed reviews’ when your firm is overloaded. Here, a team of eDiscovery specialists will help you review your files and highlight the kind of information you’ll need to build a defensible case. Most importantly, they’ll understand a lot of the technical stuff, like protecting metadata, that you might not yet know about. (Learn more about managed reviews.)
To explore the world of unlimited eDiscovery uploads, try out an affordable Cloud eDiscovery application.
There are quite a few Cloud eDiscovery applications out there. But at GoldFynch, we designed our Cloud eDiscovery service for small and midsize firms like yours. That’s why:
- It costs just $25 a month for a 3 GB case: That’s significantly less than most comparable software. With GoldFynch, you know what you’re paying for exactly – its pricing is simple and readily available on the website.
- It’s easy to budget for. GoldFynch charges only for storage (processing files is free). So, choose from a range of plans (1 GB to 150+ GB) and know up-front how much you’ll be paying. You can upload and cull as much data as you want, as long as you stay below your storage limit. And even if you do cross the limit, you can upgrade your plan with just a few clicks. Also, billing is prorated – so you’ll pay only for the time you spend on any given plan. With legacy software, pricing is much less predictable.
- It takes just minutes to get going. GoldFynch runs in the Cloud, so you use it through your web browser (Google Chrome recommended). No installation. No sales calls or emails. Plus, you get a free trial case (0.5 GB of data and a processing cap of 1 GB), without adding a credit card.
- It’s simple to use. Many eDiscovery applications take hours to master. GoldFynch takes minutes. It handles a lot of complex processing in the background, but what you see is minimal and intuitive. Just drag-and-drop your files into GoldFynch, and you’re good to go. Plus, you get prompt and reliable tech support.
- Access it from anywhere, and 24/7. All your files are backed up and secure in the Cloud.
Want to find out more about GoldFynch?
For related posts about eDiscovery, check out the following links.
- 7 Basic eDiscovery Concepts Every Attorney Should Know
- The Secret to Choosing the Best Low-Cost eDiscovery Software for Your Small Law Firm
- eDiscovery Without Expensive Software: Is It Possible?
- Upgrading Your eDiscovery Software: How to Switch Providers Seamlessly
- How to Upload eDiscovery Files [The Easy Way]
- Here’s How eDiscovery Software Identifies File Types