Two Productive Days At Ontario's Law Clerks' Conference (ILCO 2023)
GoldFynch recently had the privilege of attending ILCO’s 2023 conference.
A few weeks back, our GoldFynch team had the privilege of participating in the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario’s (ILCO) 2023 conference in Ottawa, Canada. This event was a significant opportunity for us to understand the Canadian legal sector better and introduce our GoldFynch eDiscovery service to professionals in the field. ILCO, established in 1968, has a distinguished history within the Canadian legal community, offering educational and networking opportunities to law clerks and being their voice in various legal and professional circles.
The event started with us discovering Ottawa’s renowned charm.
Our experience began with arriving in Ottawa, a city celebrated for its Victorian architectural splendor. The journey from the airport to Fairmont Chateau Laurier, our conference venue, offered us a glimpse into this rich heritage. Fairmont was the perfect stage for an event like this, and, as a bonus, we could see Ontario’s Parliament buildings right from our room.
Our first task was to set up the GoldFynch booth.
Thanks to the meticulous planning by the conference committee, especially Margaret Tsetsakos and Rose Kottis, setting up our GoldFynch booth was seamless. It gave us a chance to learn about attendees’ legal needs and explore how GoldFynch’s eDiscovery tools could address some of these.
Day one was a welcome buzz of activity.
The conference’s first day was electric with energy, as law clerks from diverse specializations gathered, sharing experiences and forming connections. Our booth attracted a variety of professionals, and we added to the excitement by organizing a raffle – with sign-ups on the first day and the draw on the second.
The evening gave us a chance to network and experience local culture.
The first day concluded with a special dinner at the Canadian Museum of History, offering a blend of networking opportunities and cultural exploration. The highlight was the Inuit throat singing performance, a captivating display of traditional Inuit musical expression and storytelling. Also known as katajjaq, it’s usually performed by two people, often women, standing face-to-face and using special vocal techniques to produce a range of sounds, including deep growls, high-pitched cries, and rhythmic patterns. There’s a competitive aspect to it, too, with the goal of outlasting your partner. The ‘defeated’ singer is the one who runs out of breath, starts laughing, or makes a mistake while mimicking their opponent’s vocal pattern.
Day two of the conference offered education sessions, more networking opportunities, and some fun distractions.
The conference’s second day continued with informative sessions and networking opportunities. On a lighter note, we enjoyed meeting Stewart, the hotel’s resident dog, and Winston, a support dog, at the museum dinner. Day two was also when we drew our raffle winners – Jacqueline Cummins (above) and Lori Markus (below). Congratulations to both of them!
Overall, we were impressed with how well-organized ILCO 2023 was.
Organizing events like this is tough, and ILCO excelled in managing the challenges. Remember, setup teams usually don’t have much time to get things in place, especially when other events and organizations have just finished using the space. And they have to deal with last-minute changes and tweaks to schedules, layouts, or even content – making an already difficult situation more stressful. Things become even tougher when you have issues allotting space for things like booths, stages, and seating. Despite all this, ILCO did an amazing job coordinating with vendors and helping us showcase our products and services.
Oh, and here’s the pitch we used for GoldFynch for those of you who didn’t get to chat with us at our booth.
- It costs just $25 a month for a 3 GB case: That’s significantly less than most comparable software. With GoldFynch, you know exactly what you’re paying for: its pricing is simple and readily available on the website.
- It’s easy to budget for. GoldFynch charges only for storage (processing files is free). So, choose from a range of plans (3 GB to 150+ GB) and know up-front how much you’ll be paying. You can upload and cull as much data as you want as long as you stay below your storage limit. And even if you do cross the limit, you can upgrade your plan with just a few clicks. Also, billing is prorated – so you’ll pay only for the time you spend on any given plan. With legacy software, pricing is much less predictable.
- It takes just minutes to get going. GoldFynch runs in the Cloud, so you use it through your web browser (Google Chrome recommended). No installation. No sales calls or emails. Plus, you get a free trial case (0.5 GB of data and a processing cap of 1 GB) without adding a credit card.
- It’s simple to use. Many eDiscovery applications take hours to master. GoldFynch takes minutes. It handles a lot of complex processing in the background, but what you see is minimal and intuitive. Just drag-and-drop your files into GoldFynch, and you’re good to go. Plus, you get prompt and reliable tech support (our average response time is 30 minutes).
- Access it from anywhere, and 24/7. All your files are backed up and secure in the Cloud.
Want to find out more about GoldFynch?
For related posts about eDiscovery, check out the following links.
- A Complete Glossary of Essential eDiscovery Terms
- A Quick Primer on GoldFynch’s eDiscovery Software
- How to Download eDiscovery Data Remotely Using ‘eDiscovery Collect.’
- A Free PST Analyzer to Check If Your eDiscovery PSTs Are Intact
- Use This In-Browser PST Viewer to Explore Your eDiscovery Emails For Free
- The Secret to Choosing the Best Low-Cost eDiscovery Software for Your Small Law Firm
- How To Make Your eDiscovery Productions Less Hackable
- Is Social Media the Future of eDiscovery?