What's the Simplest eDiscovery Software For My Small Law Firm?
Takeaway: GoldFynch is an eDiscovery application that simplifies your life. (1) You don’t need to buy new equipment, (2) You don’t need to worry about storage space, (3) You don’t need to learn anything new, (4) You don’t have to worry about how safe your data is, (5) You don’t need to worry about your eDiscovery bill.
How do you find the right eDiscovery software?
After all, there are now so many to choose from. Well, there are questions to ask when choosing your eDiscovery software. But the short answer is that for small and solo firms, the most cost-effective and simplest to use is GoldFynch.
GoldFynch is an increasingly popular eDiscovery application designed especially for small law firms.
It solves many of the challenges you face. For example, small law firms often work with small eDiscovery budgets. Which is why GoldFynch offers rock-bottom prices (as low as $10 per month). And yet, you get all the eDiscovery essentials you’ll need – like searching, tagging, redacting, and producing your files.
Here’s why GoldFynch is the simplest eDiscovery software on the market.
And why you don’t need to be computer-savvy to use it.
1. You don’t need to buy any new equipment.
Many eDiscovery applications are custom-designed for larger law firms. You’d need to invest in expensive servers and networks. And you’d need a dedicated IT team to handle technical issues. GoldFynch changes all that because it runs in the Cloud. The Cloud is a vast network of high-powered servers (advanced computers), owned by software giants like Amazon and Google. Regular eDiscovery applications are software you own, which runs on your computer. Instead, GoldFynch is a service you use – which runs in the Cloud network. This is an ideal setup for you. Because someone else handles the technology while you focus on your case. Learn more about cloud computing.
2. You don’t need to worry about storage space.
Most of your cases are probably only a few GBs in size. But what if some of those cases suddenly start growing? With the traditional in-house eDiscovery setup, you’d be scrambling to free up space for these new larger cases. But, with GoldFynch, you don’t have that problem. Since it’s in the Cloud, you have near-limitless storage space. So, start with a small, free starter case of 512 MB. And let it grow to 100 GB and beyond. You’ll be able to upgrade and downgrade your case almost instantaneously. So you won’t have to pay for space you’re not using anymore.
3. You don’t need to learn anything new.
GoldFynch is designed to be simple and intuitive. So, you won’t have to spend much time learning how to use it. For example, you’ll:
- Log in like you do with email. Open your web browser (Chrome recommended), go to the GoldFynch website, and sign in.
- Move files around like in Windows. To upload files to GoldFynch, drag-and-drop them into your browser. GoldFynch handles all the complicated processing that follows.
- Search like you do with Google. GoldFynch is your own private Google. To search the files you’ve uploaded, type your keywords into the search bar.
- Access files like you do with Dropbox. Since GoldFynch is in the Cloud, you can get at your files from anywhere – you’ll only need a laptop and an internet connection. This is perfect for when you’re on the go (e.g., stuck at the airport, waiting for your flight). And many firms use GoldFynch and the Cloud to collaborate internationally.
4. You don’t have to worry about how safe your data is.
Cloud providers keep your data safer than you possibly could.
- They protect their servers. Your data is stored on their servers. So, their priority is to keep these secure. They have systems in place to protect against physical damage from fires, floods, etc. And they have generators to make sure the servers are always powered up. They do rigorous background and security checks for employees and IT professionals that come in contact with their servers. And they regularly test their software and hardware to make them hack-proof.
- They protect your data. They use tech like encrypted biometric identification to make sure only GoldFynch connects to their servers to access your files. They encrypt your data, and when you want to delete it, they use crypto-shredding to delete the encryption keys. They make sure your data doesn’t get mistakenly corrupted, edited, or mixed up with other users’ data. And they have advanced data recovery tools to retrieve your data even if it does get lost.
- They are held strictly accountable. They can’t afford to slack off, because they’re bound by laws, regulations, and service-level agreements (i.e., agreements between your cloud and eDiscovery providers).
- They have various levels of security. They have deterrents to warn attackers off. They proactively search for and fix vulnerabilities. And they constantly monitor what’s happening to your data. They plan for data breaches and have a protocol for how to handle them. And how they can limit possible damage. For example, installing backup systems to help restore a hacked server.
5. You don’t need to worry about your eDiscovery bill.
With GoldFynch, you’ll get a predictable monthly bill. Many eDiscovery providers use a ‘per GB’ (or, ‘pay as you go’) pricing plan. So, they tell you how much each GB of data they store for you will cost. And you use that rate to pay for the GBs you used that month. Seems fair, right? But a sneaky per-GB provider can manipulate the rate to their advantage. Instead, GoldFynch uses a ‘fixed volume’ pricing plan. Here, storage space is divided into chunks (or ‘plans’)–e.g. 3 GB, 5 GB, 10 GB, etc. And their prices have been set in advance. So, choose your plan and you’ll immediately know what your bill will be at the end of the month. Also, with GoldFynch you don’t need to pay to ‘unlock’ premium features. You’ll have the full power of GoldFynch even with your free starter case. Learn more about per-GB vs. fixed-volume pricing plans.
Want to find out more about GoldFynch?
Pay just $10 per month for a basic 1 GB case. That’s $25 less–every month–than the nearest comparable software. And hundreds of dollars less than many others.
For more about eDiscovery for small law firms, check out these articles.
- 6 Simple eDiscovery Habits to Attract More Clients to Your Small Law Firm
- 4 eDiscovery Problems Your Small Law Firm Can Fix Right Now [It’s Easier Than You Think]
- The ‘Flow’ of eDiscovery: What Your Small Law Firm Needs to Know Before Choosing eDiscovery Software
- Is Your Small Law Firm Overlooking this Simple Rule for Cutting eDiscovery Costs?
- Ferrari vs Corvette Ediscovery: Fast Cars Teach Small Law Firms a Valuable Lesson