Removing files in bulk from productions using the ‘Invert’ function
While creating a production you can easily omit files from it in bulk by using the 'Invert' function against either a tag or saved search during the document selection process (step 2) of the Production Wizard. To be able to do this you will need to either tag the files or create a saved search in advance.
Note: The 'Invert' function takes priority over other selections made for the production. So even if a file is selected to be added to the production because of a tag or saved search you have chosen, if it is included under an 'inverted' tag or 'inverted' search it will always be omitted from the production
To omit files in bulk using the 'Invert Tag' function
1. Log into your GoldFynch account and the case you wish to create the production from
2. Tag all files that you wish to omit with the same tag. There are many ways to tag files (learn more about them here but usually, the fastest way to do so is by performing a search and tagging all the results.
For example, if you want to exclude all emails with 'privileged' in the subject line, carry out a search for the "subject" parameter contains "privileged" and create a tag for all the search results (let's use the word "confidential")
NOTE: While tagging files, be sure to select the "whole family" option if you want the tags to be applied to any parent emails, attachments, or other files in their file families. Learn more about file family tagging behavior here.
3. Navigate to the 'Productions' view by clicking on the icon in the left navigation panel and click on the 'Start Production Wizard' button under the 'Production Wizard' tab
4. Give a name to the new production and click on the
5. Select the tags you want to include in the production, but also select the new tag that you created ("confidential") and check the
Invert checkbox against it
6. Continue onwards, following the regular production process. The files tagged (with "confidential") will be omitted from the production, regardless of whether they have been included by other tags.
To omit files in bulk using the 'Invert Search' function
To be able to exclude files using a saved search you will first need to have created the appropriate saved search in you case.
1. Create a search query using the Advanced Search View.
For the purpose of this document we will create a search query that will retrieve all emails that have the word 'confidential' in their content
Alternatively, if you have a Search that is open in the
Search view, click on edit icon (the pencil) next to the query to quickly open it in the Advanced Search View.
2. Click on the text
Untitled, click here to rename(unsaved)
3. Enter a name for the advanced search in the screen overlay that appears
4. Click on the
5. Navigate to the Production view, start a new production and give it a name as shown in steps 3 and 4 of the previous section
6. Select the tags and searches you want to include in the production, also select the saved search you created (Confidential emails) and check the
Invert checkbox against it
7. Continue onwards, following the regular production process. The files retrieved by the saved search Confidential Emails will be omitted from the production, regardless of whether they have been included by the other selections that have been made.