Search by keyword and navigate results
GoldFynch provides "dropdown" search suggestions as you type in the search bar. Once a search has been performed, you can quickly navigate between the search results using the
Next Document and
Previous Document buttons.
1. Enter a keyword into the search bar
Type a keyword into the GoldFynch search bar, which can be found at the top of any page of the GoldFynch app.
As you type, GoldFynch estimates the number of search results and offer suggestions. In the example above, GoldFynch estimates 95 results for the keyword "Business."
2. Initiate search
Enter to search for the keyword. Here's what you'll see:
The number of results, the time taken for the search, and the search query. In the above example, the keyword "Business" made 95 matches in 0.146 seconds. Regardless of the size of the case, GoldFynch usually completes searches in less than a second!
The names of files that have the keyword you searched for
A series of text snippets below the filename. GoldFynch displays the text surrounding the keyword each time it appears
Information about each file:
- The type of file
- The size of the file
- The location of the file in the case structure
- The tags attached to the file
3. Click on a filename or a text snippet
- If you click on a filename (in our example above that would be
FICT.pdf), GoldFynch opens the file in the Document Viewer, with the keyword 'Business' highlighted in blue (see the image below) each time it appears
- If you click on a text snippet, GoldFynch opens the file in the Document Viewer, but this time at the page containing that particular snippet. Again, the keyword 'Business' is highlighted in blue each time it appears
4. Cycle through documents in a folder
Previous Document and
Next Document buttons provide the ability to quickly move between documents within a set of search results. This is very useful for when you are taking notes or doing a quick review.
In the example above, the file is the first search result, so there is only a
Next Document option.