Archiving a case
Goldfynch lets you archive cases that are more than six months old.
How to archive case
Step 1. Open the case that you wish to archive
Step 2. Click on the
Archive button on the Overview screen
Step 3. Click on the
Archive button in the Archive screen overlay
Some things to take note of while archiving a case
- The case will become immediately inaccessible for all users for a minimum of 48 hours
- Archiving and un-archiving a case may take up to 24 hours and cannot be interrupted or canceled
- The charge for the archived case will be 50% of the current case charge. Charges are pro-rated and will be effective immediately
At present Goldfynch offers one archiving option.
Standard archiving uses a nearline archive. Restoration of nearline archives is quick.
Storage Method: The case and all associated data will be pushed into a nearline archive. A nearline archive is a semi-online storage system.
Restoration Timeline: 24 hours
Pricing: The monthly cost of maintaining an archived case is 50% of its standard monthly rate. For example, a 10GB case would be $35 per month for nearline archiving.
- The prices for archiving are prorated.
- Goldfynch does not take into consideration the volume of productions, derived files, or reports when billing the archive. As with the billing of regular case plans, the derived volume is included in the price and you will not need to pay extra for it.
Unable to Archive your Case?
The archive button on the overview screen will be enabled only if the case is eligible to be archived. A case is eligible for archiving when it is six months old. Demo cases are not eligible to be archived.
Click on the
Check button against the Archive option in the overview screen to see why the case is not eligible for archiving.