Search for dates
As GoldFynch processes the files you upload, it scans for dates. These dates are extracted from the file's text and metadata fields. Some common fields are
date of document creation and
date of last modification. GoldFynch can spot dates in many formats (e.g. April 2002 or 04/01/2002).
How to search for dates
1. Enter date or date range in search bar
- Use any format for the date (e.g. mm/dd/yyyy, month/dd/YYYY, etc.).
- For a date range, separate the start and end dates with a hyphen.
In this date-range example, we use the standard format: MM/DD/YYYY – MM/DD/YYYY.
Month Year format
Here, we instead use the date format: “Month Year – Month Year”.
2. Choose appropriate search query
The dropdown will provide search suggestions. When using a date range, be sure to select the date-range option from the autocomplete suggestions.
Want to perform more complex searches?
If you want to run slightly more nuanced searches, check GoldFynch's Advanced Search system!
Some of the things it lets you do include:
- Search against multiple parameters at the same time
- Use logical operators like AND, OR, and NOT to group queries together (e.g. "Find all files with the word 'Finance' OR all files with the word 'Economy'")
- Explicitly filter out results (e.g. "Find all files NOT of the file type '.docx'")
- Save your search queries for you or your collaborators to use later