Production is the final step of eDiscovery. It’s when you format your documents uniformly to present to opposing counsel. GoldFynch handles the commonly accepted production formats, and its Production Wizard will walk you through the process.
Types of production
GoldFynch lets you produce your files in a number of formats:
Non-load file formats
The formats that it supports that don’t involve load files are:
- Native: Produces files with the same content and formatting they had when uploaded. So, Word documents will be Word Documents, emails will be emails, etc.
- Page-based PDFs: Each page in a file will be produced as an individual PDF document
- Document-based PDFs: Each document (email, Word, Excel, etc.) will be produced as a PDF document
- Single, bulk PDF: All documents will be produced into a single PDF file
- Produced documents are renamed to match their Bates number assignment
- Documents that cannot be processed in the selected format are produced as native files (also renamed with their Bates numbers)
- Produced documents are placed in a flat directory structure
Load file formats
It is also able to generate productions with the following Concordance/Relativity style load file formats:
- Native files: Documents will be added as they were when they were uploaded
- Page-based TIFFs: Documents produceable as TIFF files are produced as single-page black & white TIFF images
- Page-based TIFFs with natives: Documents are produced as both TIFF and native files
- Document-based PDFs: Each document is converted into a PDF file
- Produced native files, along with PDF files, are placed in the “NATIVES” directory
- Text that is extracted from supported files is found in the “TEXTS” directory
- Produced TIFF files (which are single-page and black & white images) are placed under the “IMAGES” directory
- Load files are placed in the “DATA” directory
- Parameters for load file metadata are set using Control Parameter profiles. You can either use a preset profile, or customize the parameters used.
Production Parameter Summaries
You can check what parameters were used in creating a production from the
Requested Productions tab of the ‘Productions’ view. Just click on the information icon on the far right of the screen against the production whose parameter summary you wish to view.
As you can see below under
Selection Query, the selection criteria for including files in the production is displayed. If you were to copy and paste this line in your GoldFynch search bar you would be provided with search results that match the files included in the production exactly.
Note: Summaries for productions created before the production parameter summary feature was implemented may not have all their data displayed.
GoldFynch generates logs for each of your productions. Find out more about them here.
Learn how to share your productions directly through GoldFynch, via email, or through a sharing link.