To access your case files on GoldFynch, they first need to be uploaded to the platform. Below are the steps to do so through your web browser.
How to upload files:
1. Choose upload method:
GoldFynch allows for files to be uploaded via drag-and-drop or manual selection.
- Choose a case and click on the
Filesbutton in the left pane.
- Navigate to the folder that you want to upload the files to.
+New Folderbutton. Then click on the folder to open it. This is where your files will upload to.
Method 1: Drag-and-drop
The easiest way to upload files is by dragging-and-dropping them directly onto the ‘Files’ view in GoldFynch. When using drag-and-drop, copies of the files are created on the GoldFynch server and the files on your computer remain intact and untouched.
Open your File Explorer (or Finder window on Mac,) and select the files you wish to upload
Left-click on the files, and drag them to your browser window onto the centre of the screen
Method 2: Browse files on your computer
Don’t want to drag-and-drop?
- Click on the
Upload Filesbutton instead and choose specific files to upload.
2. Confirm upload(s):
After either drag-and-dropping the files or selecting files with the Upload Files button, you will be shown an overlay with the number of files you are about to upload, as well as the location to which they will be uploaded.
- Click on the
3. Track upload progress
The status of your uploads can be tracked from the ‘Uploads’ view, the uploads button in the left pane, and the uploads pop-up bar in the bottom right corner of the screen.
The Uploads view
- Click on the
Uploadsbutton in the left pane to access the ‘Uploads’ view
Apart from displaying the status of currently-uploading files, the ‘Uploads’ view lists files that were recently uploaded:
- Click on the top bar of the pop-up bar to open or close it.
GoldFynch makes uploading feel effortless:
- It identifies and processes many types of files
- GoldFynch handles them all: zipped files, PDFs, word documents, emails (PST, MBOX), etc.
- It makes uploading in bulk easy
- Using either Method 1 or Method 2, you can select multiple files to be uploaded in one go
- It decompresses zip files and extracts email attachments
- Zipped files are unzipped - even zips within zips!
Uploading from other platforms
To find out more about uploading files from specific platform, refer to these articles in GoldFynch’s Knowledge Base
- Preferred formatting for files being imported to GoldFynch
- Best practices for uploading files to GoldFynch
- Uploading load files to GoldFynch
- Uploading zip (compressed) files to GoldFynch
- Identifying zero-byte files in your GoldFynch cases
- Size limitations on uploading files zipped with OSX (Mac)
Add-on services to upload files
As additional services, it is possible for the GoldFynch team to directly source files from your clients’, or your own:
- email accounts (Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.,)
- social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.,)
- cloud storage services (like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.)
- databases by setting up a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server
GoldFynch can also requisition additional processors for you that speed up the processing rate of your uploaded files.